Monday 7 January 2013

Hill Head Sailing Club New Year Hangover Race


On New Years Day my Dad and myself ventured out into the Solent with gusty but not as crazy conditions as Chichester Snowflake 1 and 2. My coach Mike had called me a chicken at Snowflake and I made sure he was proved wrong because on the first lap the red kite was launched . We passed lots of overturned boats and had a chuckle as we saw them flounder. We finished the race but without trying to launch the kite a second time  it just got tangled in a crazy gust even though my Dad has amazing kite skills.21 starters 4 finishers no results as yet but hopefully higher than fourth.The photo below was taken on the way in it was a North Westerly and the gusts further off shore were quite interesting with some surging waves which tried to submerge Smoky but she is far too buoyant for that.Happy 2013 to all MAMBO 

No comments:

Post a Comment